View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Been there done that. I stopped going to a quilt group at a famous store because of the negativitiy especially the man bashing. The sad part was I think only a couple of the ladies were rotten apples but dominated everything. Then I had my own group for about 6 years but eventually the ladies that came mostly came to sit, talk and have a glass of wine. I ended up providing wine, cheese and chocolate. It was fun but I still have to quilt. So now I am at another shop but it also has some of that going on. The man bashing seems to be from people that have been divorced for some time. I am not saying their pain and complains are not legit it is just maybe not the appropriate place or atleast not weekly. I am still going because at least these ladies quilt. I guess you have to weigh it off or maybe try not going for some time and see how you feel about it. I would not make a big excit and say to much. It sounds like they are happy with the way it is. I agree on maybe finding another time to meet up with some of the women in that group that do not have that negative attitude. Sorry to hear this is so prevalent.