View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM
valsma

Originally Posted by katykwilt
My hubby had one stall of our 3 car garage converted to a sewing room for me. I love it! My sewing table is an office desktop that I have plopped on two file cabinets. They were an ugly gun metal gray -- until yesterday when I hauled them to the backyard, sanded them and painted them white.

No way is such a project as easy as HGTV shows! They show a quick sanding and shake the can of spray paint and press the button. Right? My finger is sore from holding the sprayer down, my back is aching from bending over the project and I got paint all over the place including on my nose. There are runs in the paint because I got too close and overspray where I don't want it -- but the color is great and who will see that the tops aren't perfect when the desktop covers them? However, I will take a class on spray paint before I try painting metal again!
Nothing is as easy as it looks on tv. One hint though you can pick up a spayer thing that snaps on the top of a rattle can that makes the button in a squeeze action instead of holding it down with your finger. You can get them at most places that sell spray paint. I found that and love it.