Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
The magnetic sounds interesting, however I'm not so sure I would want it too close to my sewing machine. It would though keep scissors safe while they are put away.

I use several different scissors while sewing and at the cutting and pressing table. I hate searching for things while I'm workng so I ended up making up a sewing tote from a flatware caddy. I can easily move this place to place. I put crafter's foam at the bottom of each section to protect the scissor tips. Most of the time the tote sits to the right of my sewing machine, taking up only 9x6 inches of space. Nearly everything that I use while sewing is in there including misting bottles, one with water and one with starch and there's even a pincushion attached to the end.

Here are a couple photos.

when i saw your carry-all and read your post, i did a doubletake! i'm such a slob in my sewing room. how could you be so neat? so i looked up your profile and checked your webshots ....AHA! i should have known! it's you! if i did that neat trick with my tools, i would probably lose the entire basket and find it two months later in the freezer. next to my shoes.