View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Needles

I used to have HGTV on most of the day because of the craft and sewing shows, I especially loved Sandra Betzina and learned so much from her teachings. I haven't watched HGTV in two years, there is nothing on it of interest. I also hung out on their message boards, checking them 2-3 times a day just to keep up. Now if I check once a month, it takes me about 10 min. It's so sad. And DIY is the same.

When this whole change took place, the message board members had writing sprees, both computer and snail mail messages, to no avail. They just kept chopping shows, one after another until none were left. They do still have a rather active Needlework/Sewing board, I think the quilters just keep hanging out there, dreaming of what once was.

I have watched Sewing with Nancy on PBS for years and years but our channel also has, McPfee, Pullen, a knitting/crochet show and a number more. You might check with your local stations and ask for them. I was an avid fan of Aleene's and Pattie Dunham who was on her show, had a PBS show in the Midwest. But crafting and sewing shows are pretty much 'dead.' Yep, sad for the upcoming generations who need to learn these things. I've sewed for over 50 years and am still going strong.