Thread: Do you EQ?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 04:08 PM
patricej
Administrator

i don't think most people object to the piracy protection. i think it's the need to be online during installation and - i assume - the extra steps it would take if you wanted to move the software to a different computer (without violating the only one-computer-at-a-time license.)

i never used EQ5 but am not convinced 6 has enough new bells and whistles for the price jump.

that being said, i DO think it's great that they continue selling EQ5 right alongside the newer version. most companies force you to buy only the newest versions. AND it comes with a BOOK! a real, live, hold-it-in-your-hand-and-have-it-handy book!!! almost unheard of in this day and age. sooooo much nicer than having to switch back and forth between the task and online help.

i've had many conversations with their support folks. they are absolutely the best when it comes to listening to their customers and for general customer service. i got my money's worth getting answers to just the first two weeks' worth of stooooooopid questions. :lol: