Do you EQ?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by MelissaK
I got EQ6 for my birthday as a gift from my brother and haven't had the chance to use it yet. What he did (b/c of the activations) was he bought me a portable hard drive to put it on that way I can bring it to any computer I want and not have to worry about it. Seemed like a good idea to me. That way if your computer breaks, you won't have to reactivate it. I like it b/c I can bring it anywhere and use any computer.
ooh what a smart idea!!! I was thinking of getting one of those external hard drives too :)
Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 AM

I just wanted to point out I read that putting EQ-6 on an external hard drive and that using it on various computers was mentioned (maybe on the eq6 forum)... it still would take an "activation on each computer, I believe it has something to do with the IP address used when activating it for the external hard drive, it was still done from a specific IP address.... Maybe check directly with the electric quilt website to have it explained more thoroughly
Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 AM

Correct, but if you are running it off the same drive it is not another activation. If I take my drive (tower) to your house and use it it is not another activation. It is only if you install it that it is another activation. :D