Old 05-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Quiltgranny

Hey Omak,

Don't feel bad. I think how we feel about our spouses depends on what day it is sometimes. We've been at this for 25 years now, second time around for both of us. At least by the time we met, we'd both weathered enough *%#(% in our lives that we knew what wouldn't work.

I think it's been the tough times that we have gone through, especially the health issues that we both have that have helped to mellow both of us. Ya know, when it comes right down to it, I think we all appreciate what we have, sometimes our perspective becomes muddled with all the extraneous stuff life throws at us.

He knows I've been saving $$ for a new used Bernina, so for my birthday he made me the most darling money holder and threw in some $$ that he'd been sacrificially saving over the last few months. Wow, I really, really need to finish his quilt, don't I??? :oops: :oops: :oops: My turn to be embarrassed. It's only been three years in the making....

I really appreciate your insight here. You've really given me pause to think about some things. Thanks, I needed that. :)

Hugs, Karla

Hand drawn/made money holder from hubby
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34313[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-34313.jpe