Old 05-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by omak
ROFLOL ... I need my NAP!!!
Of course, I meant COINCIDENCE ... I don't believe in them, but I DO believe in
CONSEQUENCES! (And, God's hand in both, thank you!)
Shame on me!
So, now I will tell you ... my feed store guy married his new bride on March 15 - - which also happens to be my birthday ...
hmmm.... the wheels are turning, even as my eyes are closing for nap time.
I love quilting because when I was a kid, my babysitter used to make me lay down to take a nap which I never wanted to take. I would spent the nap time, tracing quilt stitches and the block pattern. Well, I should say that is ONE reason I am so energized about quilting.
Almost every time I take a nap, I remember my poor babysitter and the GRIEF I foisted on her because she wanted what she wanted MORE than what I wanted ... my naps are probably HER revenge! LOL
Thank you for catching that twisted use of a couple of good words. <G>
Hi Omak,

All too darn funny! Happy belated bday to you. My sister's is one day before yours, but I had to wait until May, a few days ago.

My quilty wheels turn whenever I lay down, too! It's a gift/curse I tell ya. :wink:

My old babysitter went a step further than naps. She made me eat cottage cheese everyday for lunch. To this day, I cannot look that stuff in the face, let alone eat it!! :thumbdown: Makes me shudder. The things that affect and mold our little lives, I tell ya, LOL.

I started sewing very, very early in life, but the quilting didn't come until a few years ago. Funny how life is. There were no other quilters in our family. How sad is that? When my 16 yo grandson came to visit us last year, he got a good dose of what quiltin's about, even helping this granny with the placement of the piano keys on a quilt I was making for our newest granddaughter. Talk about fun... Hey, a pic is worth a 1,000 words...

Hugs, Karla

Attached Thumbnails attachment-23143.jpe