Old 07-31-2011, 09:58 AM
janiesews

I have 2 featherweights(both black) and 1 301 (all tan). Bought the 1st FW off of eBay and was very happy with her-pd $350.00. My husbands cousin came to visit one weekend and had brought her mother's FW and card table and gave it to me. Had those serviced by local sewing repair man a couple of times and then bought the DVD from David McCallum (Love it and recommend it highly-also has some information on the 301 in DVD). Got interested in 301 and bid on a couple on eBay and they went for over $200.00+ and stopped in a new little flea market locally and asked if they had any old sewing machines and he had one in a cabinet-had never seen a cabinet like this - he opened it up and there was a tan 301 for $55 or 57 and I asked him to load it in my van and I am a happy camper. I took it home and cleaned it, lubed it and love it! My sister saw it and wanted one and got 2 off of eBay a black one and 2 tone. I have cleaned and oiled/lubed hers too. Having fun with the vintage machines do not be afraid to sew on them. I take my FW with me a lot on trips and to classes and retreats. She loves to travel.