View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Stitchit123

I was in a coma for 3 1/2 mo. then another 2 wks after my transplant.When I woke up I was freaked out by all the stuff attached to me I had no idea where I was the dr and nurse came in told me where and why I was there that I would be there for a while due to complications during surgeries. I could not talk [ tube in throat] They left me more scared than I already was -I wasn't ready to go I had to many undone and unsaid things to finish I heard my stepDad-Al tell me to grab the silver ring and hold on tight it
wasn't my time yet that I was going to be needed here.He had passed away 17 yrs before this.--- 9 months later my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer it was 9 months to the day later that he passed away here at home -I always know when Al is talking to me he is the only person that ever called by a nick name I was his Little Dawnie Bird.And for these last 3 my Mom has helped me thru the days since and she's been gone 10 yrs now.I haven't heard from my Tom yet but I feel his presence Mom says he's not ready yet!! I've plenty of patience -Tom was never real chatty anyways