View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 03:15 AM
Mary O

Originally Posted by Maride
Not every ear ache is an ear infection. I would try the peroxide or any other remedy listed here, but remember that if it is indeed an ear infection, most likely is a middle ear infection and none of these solutions will solve it. I ignored once an ear ache and ended up having a huge one that turned into a 2 moths agony. The pain was incredible and I could here my own voice inside my head. It was one of the most strange feelings. I know you may feel guilty for doing it, but a trip to the ER may prevent it from getting worse. Most ERs have a smaller section called Fast Track or Urgent care that are created exactly for cases when is not severe enough to be at the ER but when postponing treatment will make it worse. A middle ear infection can turn into inner infection, which means months of treatment, Dr visits, lost work days $$ in copays at the Dr and pharmacy and lost sewing time. And if it turns up not to be an infection, you get piece of mind. Good luck and feel better.
Had a sinus infection and my nurse practioner was booked so went to one of those Hospital Urgent care one.Almost $400.when I got my bill.Nurse Prct.$35. for visit.OUCH!