View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Maria C

Originally Posted by Mummers
I didn't start quilting until about 15 years ago. Working for Hancocks part time gave me opportunity to be in a fabric store more than I should have. After 11 years of working a full time job as a secretary and part time at the fabric store I have more than enough stash. I love scrap quilts the best I have about 5 or 6 projects in some level of progress. I guess the reason I love quilting is that it satisfies my creative nature. Unless I'm really "hook" on a pattern or have a deadline I can go from one project to another without much problem. I do get project finished and seldom in a hurry to get it done. Like I said unless there is a deadline. Quilting is the one area of my life that I have control over, so I'm seldom in a hurry. My son is 35 and I've been divorced since he was 3. Quilting has been my drug of choice. It's a very creative outlet for me. It's helped me break many bad habits. Such as I have to be perfect or no one will love me. I use to think I had to tell were all my mistakes were or I'd be cheating. Well if i don't tell you you probably won't ever now. And most importantly if you a true friend, you'll still love me any way. When I first started quilting I thought I should be able to relax. I wasn't relaxing. I've since learned to relax and discovered that I'm really very good at color selection and very creative. So my advise to you is, don't forget to breath. It's very important. Mix up the rules. Stay with the project until it's done or don't. It's you hobbie, it's your outlet, ENJOY!!!!!
I completely agree!!!!!!!!