Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help unlearning childhood habit >

Need help unlearning childhood habit

Need help unlearning childhood habit

Old 08-03-2011, 06:26 PM

sometimes when I am tired of quilting I pick up my yarn and hook and start hooking.
The more projects I have started the better. :)
Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM

I have been sorting things in my sewing room today. Catagorizing material and projects. Was amazed at how many projects I have started. My goal will be to finish some UFOs before I start anything else. Spent several hours sorting so you can imagine how much material and UFOs I have on hand. My husband says I won't live long enough to finish them as I just turned 76. He is probably right, but I plan to fool him and live a long, long time. yet.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:48 AM

I don't see anything wrg with having one project going at a time. I always seem to have a couple of different things usually going on. I usually crochet or cross stitch while sitting with hubby watching tv and quilt during the day altho if I have something one the quilt that I can do on my lap I will do that also watching tv just depends on what I'm doing. Enjoy whatever way is best for you. Sue
Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 AM

Mine from childhood is sewing on Sunday. My mother would never let me turn a machine on if it was Sunday. That was something from her childhood too. I had forgotten about it until recently when we were discussing different things while we were all sitting around quilting and the subject was brought up. Now I can't turn a machine on if it's Sunday. I think about it...but say no...