View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Meme2six

Originally Posted by kcferrel
If the clutter in your sewing room is really bothering you and is something recent, maybe you need to see your physician, it can be symptomatic of other issues.

I read that Clutter can effect your personal health and is a gauge to your mental health, which makes sense to me. I suffer from depression (hormonal, seasonal.. etc) and when I am feeling depressed, I don't have the energy to do anything, except lose myself in my computer, which drives me nuts because I really hate clutter....

Here is a link to a great article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/01/he...E5Linpm6qC2aGA

But, when I am immersed in sewing projects I do leave things out where I can get to them, like the ironing board and cutting table.... still bothers me but is tolerable... ha ha
Thanks so much for the link. I did go through a deep depression several months ago and have de-cluttered, cleaned every room except the sewing room. I kind of ran out of steam but will take a suggestion on this board and start small at clearing it up. I think the best way is to start at the door of my sewing room and work my way around the walls. I love the way the other rooms look and enjoy being in them.