View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:45 PM
sarahrachel

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I still have my hope chest but it holds quilts now. I had mine full of Tupperware (my big sis kept having parties), a quilt from mom, silverware etc. Then when I graduated high school I bought more things. Then after college I got married and had so much. It was fun to sit and look thru it too. I think I will start one for my granddaughter.
I hope you started one!!! I came across this thread wondering if anyone else had one on here. Mine is already full and I still have more stuff I want to put in it! I have some things that I want to keep for sentimental reasons along with some other things. I have a quilt my grandma made as a girl as well as a full sized quilt my great grandma made for my aunt as well as a set of dishes (but no silverware!) as well as a set of towels and 2 quilts I made. I have a little box that was one of my other great grandma's that I keep special little things in, my prom corsage and prom ticket, my friends senior pics and a few other things. I also put my American girl doll in there for the daughter I want to have one day as well as my yearbooks and graduation gown and cap, dipolma and my disney princess story books. Can you tell I want to have kids one day?? I still need silverware as well as pots and pans. I have my grandma's china that I'm pretty sure was her mothers stored in some boxes in the attic that I can't wait to pull out just to look at them again.

And I swear when I finish my family tree one day it will go in there. But that's another wip!

But my hope chest is the toy box that my dad made for me when I was little. When we moved, I had a bunch of junk thrown in it but said I wouldn't part with it (the toy box not the junk) and my dad said of course I wasn't getting rid of it. It's turned into my hope chest and though it's not real fancy, I still love it. Along with the blanket chest in my mom's room...