Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Gramie bj

We have a very large guild the youngest just turned 16 she joined at the age of 10, from there the sky is the limit for age. On my first visit I knew no one but had almost everone stop and say hello, ask my name and would I like to sit with them. At the begining of the meeting the president introduced new members and guest for the evening. After the business portion of the meeting we had a break. One member asked me to join her and some friends(a cilck?) for coffee. When meeting started again another member sat next to me and made quiet coments about other members as they became the center of attention, coments like she is in charge of Quilts of Valor or if you are intrested in helping with the quilt show talk to her or the best coment was, if you think you might like to join with us contact her. After joining the guild gave a new members Tea we do this once a year, all officers,and comittee heads attend, even some guild members that just wanted to say welcome droped in it was a 3 hr event with several mini classes. I discovered we have many well trained instructers in our area all were willing to show and give help all I have to do is pick up the phone or send e-mail I have only been a member for 6 months and we had no meeting in july but every time I go I have a great time. Have asked for and recieved valuable information and incoragment from everyone.During show and tell have never heared bad comennts
All in all so far a great experence our guild has 200+ members. If we have any bad apples I have not met them yet.