View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 04:37 AM
pjaco

All marriages are different, that's for sure. Looking forward to our 35th anniversary in Jan. and the longer we're together the more we learn about ourselves, espc since the kids are grown. Hiding fabric is the least of the problems we've faced. Plus the older we've gotten, we've both learned new hobbies and we impress each other with our skills. I never dreamed he would do such woodwork, or me quilting. So, I guess we cater to each other. Sometimes I just leave my fabric in the sack for a while, such a fun surprise!
Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by wvdek
Originally Posted by ckcowl
i am so saddened by people who feel the need to hide their purchases- regardless if it's fabric or anything else. i guess i have been lucky to have a good open relationship with my husband and would never think of buying something i felt i needed to hide--except of course- gifts---
i find it very distressing to read of people who have to be sneaky in their own homes
I agree 100%. I don't get it - if you are married to this person and you feel the need to 'hide' your purchases, then I believe you are wrong for having bought it in the first place and chances are you cannot afford it or need it and that is why you hide it. I also do not understand throwing it back in your mates face.
Please, I am not condemning you at all, I just don't get it and cannot understand folks who do it.
What are we teaching our children and grandchildren???
I also agree but it seems that noone wants to engage with our view in this thread... :?
:-)