Thread: New Phone
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by CAS49OR
It's about time to get my "new every 2 year" phone from Verizon. The thing is, if I get a new phone like I would like to have I am forced to subcribe to a data package. To get us both one with "forced" plans it would be almost $200 a month.

I feel like I can do everything from my PC, and I know I can get a phone for both of us from another company (don't know if allowed to mention here) with unlimited text and calling to each other -- it would be $30 a month.

Do many of you use the apps seen everywhere, or the "Smart Phone" for things you couldn't do elsewhere?

Is it worth it to pay for the phone services? I rarely get calls from anyone but my husband, and a few appointment verifications, etc.
sprint is the only one who has unlimited data plans right now. i use mine mostly for the gps, and to stay in touch with my kids out of state..calling and texting. it is not a smart phone i don't think. it is the "LG rumor touch" . the key board opens, easy to use, and can check here and other websites when i travel. my SIL and kids have the smart phones, and they love them. they download apps for coupons/shops/grocery stores. a couple apps for the grandkids to play learning games. we are all on the family plan..6 of us on the same plan..we split the bill 6 ways. it comes in my daughters name..and we all have the password to get into sprint to pay our share of the bill each month. $38 each.

i wish my husband would agree to get rid of the land line.