Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
miholmes

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i never do either.

our relationship is built on trust and i don't see any point in being dishonest even when its something as meaningless as fabric.
I'm not necessarily being dishonest, we have separate accounts so all the money I spend is my own, and all of my bills get paid on time. But to someone who doesn't quilt, they are FLOORED by how much fabric and things are, and I think always thinking...you know what I could have purchased with that money...in the back of their mind.

He recently asked me to make a quilt for his grandmother, and he was lucky enough to get a quilt kit and backing that was 50% off. So when I said, for a queen size quilt the total would be $100 plus thread and batting, and he said...."Should we wait until there is a sale?" I chuckled, because to me, $100 for all the fabric for a queen size quilt is a STEAL!

So it's not so much that I don't have the money to spend and would be "in trouble". But I get tired of justifying WHY I would spend "x" amount of dollars on fabric....or twenty something dollars on a pair of scissors (this is with the 50% coupon from Joann's - I do try to be as frugal as possible)

:P

~Michael