View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
aliaslaceygreen

Back in January I posted if anyone had seen this mystery. Well, today was the reveal day!!! 14 people brought their quilts to the store to show them off.

I didn't get it finished (the top, WITH the outside border) for two reasons. One, on Thursday evening a yellow jacket stung me multiple times on my right index finger. YES. My trigger for the camera, sewing finger!!!!! I was unable to work on it till last night. And then a marathon assembly led to a discovery.

Since I didn't know what the quilt would look like while cutting, I discovered last night that the border wouldn't work without a narrow sashing of a solid. (that was not part of the instructions, but I went off on my own, lol, because I HAVE to be different) Of which I didn't have in the house...

So, I brought the quilt to the store today for the reveal and got the fabrics needed to complete it.

Here is a shot of the quilt top this morning, with one side of border temporarily pinned while I decided what to add. At the quilt shop, someone nicely pointed out I sewed a row in left to right instead of right to left, so I need to do some reverse stitching, then I am adding a 1/2 inch navy border before the outer border goes back on. And I found a backing fabric to die for!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-237477.jpe