Old 08-06-2011, 07:44 PM
cawsings

I bought my first "real" machine in April (before that I had an inexpensive machine that gave me fits). I say real because I spent nearly $400 for it after researching a ton. I went with the Janome DC2010. I actually decided on the brand first and emailed a "local" (45 min away) shop regarding a certain model. The shop owner sent me an email back and explained that she felt that there was a better option (the DC2010) for me in the same price range. The fact that she emailed me back quickly made me know that I was making the right decision. However, I knew it was a great deal when she mentioned that she offers free classes on how to use the machine for life. She was starting up the classes again soon after I bought my machine and we are almost finished with the course.

I had NO sewing experience before taking these classes...everything I had done was just by using my old machine (which wasn't much). I cannot tell you how much I have learned since taking the classes. I never would have thought that I could do so much.

So, I don't know anything about the machine that you list (though it looks like it has good reviews) but I would definitely shop around and see if you can get one that comes with free (or inexpensive) lessons from a local quilt shop.

Good luck! Hope this helps.