Old 08-06-2011, 07:52 PM
soccertxi

Years ago when my son was little, I joined our state guild. They even talked me into being corresponding secretary (which is a joke because I'm mailing impaired!). I had the desire, but not the time, so I dropped out. Fast forward a few years, and a dear online friend moved to my area. We wanted a quilt group, but knew many of our friends would not do guild meetings. So, we started with just lunch and show and tell. Then progressed to a group project at a members house. Now we meet once a month in a quilt shop classroom for potluck and sewing. We have 2 rules: #1. If you tell us you are coming and life gets in the way, call someone. We will worry. #2. you NEVER have to do the group project. No questions. We have all levels of quilters with varied interests. About 15 members. Even a 91 yr old lady who works as a greeter at Walmart! (I want to BE her when I grow up! lol)

now I"m also back in the state quild. I am in a general quilting chapter and the long arm chapter. I LOVE the long arm group! They are a smaller group and they speak long arm! lolol