View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 01:13 PM
I go To The Sea To Breathe

Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
I'm fine with buying fabric in person. I honestly don't chew through it the way some here do (I hand-quilt and I only do one quilt at a time, so I'm only making a small handful per year). If I'm looking for a specific color scheme or design, I'll buy it online, but part of the draw for me is going to the store, pulling out bolts, putting them together, and chatting with the shop assistants.

One thing I buy almost exclusively online is running gear. That stuff is expensive and most of the places to get that stuff around here are big-box stores--so they're not really hurting for my money.
I buy fabric online and sometimes at LQS. I don't have a very big stash so getting good quality fabric at discount priceshelps me a lot. If I was making like a new DGS quilt I would probably need to shop at LQ and Wal mart. We do buy soccer cleats for our 23 yr old online. He only wears certain brands and has bought at the same places for years. Also any type of soccer clothing he needs. We have a Shield here buy they only carry a couple of brands for soccer.