View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by harley
Just buy the good thread/ no cheep stuff the long arm will not like it.thread is 16.00--to 28.00 round about.batting isn't cheep neither it goes up all the time. :|
I haven't found thread to be all that expensive. My Innova loves this thread - http://metroemb.com/ - and the big spools (5500 yards) are $2.25. I have also used cheap Star thread with no problems (although it creates a lot of lint). Superior threads are on sale at all the machine quilting shows, and a cone lasts a long time. This may be something to consider when you look for a machine - whether it's fussy about threads or not.

What kind of machine do you have? You really use this polyestor thread on your LA and it works ok? I havent' heard of the price but it is a very good price. I liek to use cotton--usually Star or Gutterman (as that is what I can buy locally) and I recently quilted a quilt for someone who sent along the thread they wanted me to use on it and it was Isacord polyestor thread. It quilted nice and didn't break. My machine was fine with it. (I hadn't really tried any polyestor thread before that). I have since bought more Isacord thread but I don't have anywhere real local to buy it from. (I'm sure I can find it online) I also use Connecting Threads cotton thread that I order from Connecting Threads. That also works good on my LA (I have a TIn Lizzie) and that is only a little over $3 for (I think) around 5000 yards. it is on sale right now until August 15th for 30% off so I will be ordering some. I would never ever pay over $7 for a spool of thread with only 5000 yds on it!! I will definitiely be ordering some of this thread and trying it out--the price is right!!