View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 02:58 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
What a feel good way to start the day. Thanking God that there are people like you in this world.
years ago, DH and I were both laid off..no money for Christmas. we told no one,not the church, not even family. it was the best Christmas ever..my kids were provided for. we had a meal on the table.
one woman from/at church handed me an envelope..i opened it up, and a gift cert for a shop i had never heard of, was inside..she was embarrassed to give it to me, we sure didn't look like we needed anything. on the way home, i kept thinking..i can get the kids a few things for Christmas,maybe even something for husband. i was so excited...
when i looked up the store in the phone book..i discovered it was a womens clothing store..i HAD to treat myself. lol

no wonder the woman felt embarrased, she was led to give this to me..to bless ME. and she could not figure out why. lol
I needed this act of kindness so badly at this time in my life.
so, never judge a book by it's cover..someone may not look like they are in need.(may even need just a compliment!) .but they are..be lead by the spirit or your heart..whatever you choose to call it. you will never be sorry.

thank you all for sharing your stories. gives you that warm fuzzy feeling..that we need more of in our lives. humbling.