View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Sierra

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I wish they had a universal rulling for all airports instead of having to learn the individual countries rules.

Returning from China they kept our hand santizier because it had too high an alcohol content. It was a little 2oz container inside a ziplock bag. I guess a person could start a fire with hand sanatizer with aloe vera.

And even if you bought a bottle of water after the screening area they took it away from you when you boarded the plane.

In the US, I had a screener attempt to take my less then 3" scissors with a rounded edge and mostly plastic, it only had a little bit of metal along the edge. I pulled out the rules I had printed and a tape measure (don't we all carry a tape measure in our purse?) to show the screaner that it was less then 3" and had a rounded tip-so why are you wanting to take my scissors? He let me keep my scissors.
This happened to me with a very small pair of PRE-School scissors with very rounded ends and made of plastic. I tried to talk to the person in security but he held up my scissors, touched the "blade" and, hesitating for a bit, finally said "very bad".... the guy couldn't speak English!!!! My daughter bought me the clover cutter for my later trips, but I kept it in my purse, not on my body, so it wouldn't attract attention.