View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 03:01 AM
sewmuchmore

Originally Posted by katier825
I often draw my design on Sulky Solvy with crayola washable markers, then pin that to the quilt and sew thru it. When done, you tear off the bigger pieces and the rest washes out. I really like this because you aren't actually marking the quilt.

I recently bought some Golden Threads paper to mark and sew thru. I haven't tried that yet, but hope to very soon. I was told that it tears off easily. I hope so. It is less expensive than the Sulky Solvy, so I'm hoping I like that method.
Another thing I've used is the Bohin mechanical chalk pencil with good luck. When I took a FMQ class, I was told to be careful with other marking pens. Check them on each fabric you have in the quilt as they don't always come off. I did experiment with the blue one, I forget the brand. I had a hard time removing it from the muslin practice sandwich I was doing. That prompted my search for other methods.
Thank you, for the tip I am going to look into this.Please let us know how the Golden Threads paper works out. :P