View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 AM
May in Jersey

What is a resonable amount of time to expect your quilt back if the longarm quilt doesn't give you her turnaround time? I've used this longarm quilter in the past and a month was her turnaround time. Gave her one a few months ago with a due date of 1 month, she didn't say anything about it being too soon, etc. After 6 weeks I called her and she said "when do you need it?", told her wanted to gift it the next weekend and she had it for me in a few days.

Gave her 2nd quilt when I picked first one up, agreed on due date of 7/23 - a month. Asked should I call you? No, she said she'd call me. Here it is Aug. 9 and I haven't heard from her even after I've called her last week. Thought I'd ask here if I'm being unreasonable wanting my quilt back after almost 7 weeks. She does excellent work, gives guild members a reasonable price but it isn't worth it if I have to beg to get my quilts back. The one she has now is a queen size, simple meander requested and I want it back so I can add binding. It's for DS#2 and his wife's 30th anniversary which will be in 2 weeks. Let me know what you think, May in Jersey