Old 06-06-2009, 06:24 AM
Butterfli19

Remember the BF/marry post? Well...

He was very into it in the beginning, called all the time, always had something to say, brought flowers and cards, you get it. The last couple weeks he hasn't called during the week so I stopped calling him to see if he would call me. I asked him and he says phone line goes both ways, my life is busier than his, he's giving me space. Fine.

Conversation a few days ago:
me: I don't want to get married and don't want to live together.
him: that's fine, as long as we're together it's OK.
me: but then you're settling. you said you wanted to at least live together.
him: well, we will probably have to in the future because neither one of us will be able to afford to live alone on soc sec (what? does he think I'm going to live in a box under a bridge? do you see the same bright red flags here?)
me: if you can't afford your life when you retire it's the result of either bad luck or poor planning - not a reason to live together. (he currently rents a room in a huge house owned by a childhood friend and her new husband. cheap rent.)

(Remember we work together - I see him every day and we have barely talked for 2 weeks. I have been swamped at work and haven't made the effort either, but he sure found time when he was courting me. Now it feels like he's just lazy, want's me to do all the relationship work.)

So Mem Day weekend I didn't see him at all (my choice) and I didn't really miss him. Yesterday he texts me, after not talking since last weekend when we did get together - any plans for the weekend? Do they include me? (Your kidding, right?) This morning I get a text - morning babe, call me, love ya.

I'm thinking my text msg to him is: No thanks, not interested in being a __, time to move on.

Too mean? I really want to text two capital letters from opposite ends of the alphabet but the part of me that's too nice won't allow it.

What would you text back? Or would you even bother?