View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:40 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Elisabethann
There was just something in a quilting magazine (McCalls quilting Sept/Oct issue) about having a successful raffle. One of the things was to make sure the quilt was queen size and that it incorporated 8-9 different fabrics. If you only do 2-4 colors it gives people a reason to not buy a ticket "Those colors don't match anything in my house". Another thing they mentioned was having a little info sheet with the raffle about how much time went into making the quilt, how much it cost etc.

I know you asked specifically about a pattern and I'm not answering that for you... sorry :( I don't have a pattern idea, but I thought the 8-9 fabrics was important to mention. The article specifically mentioned that if it was a church raffle that "a traditional quilt is a must. Classic pieced designs are universally loved and, while not absolutely necessary, a little applique goes a long way."

Hope that info is helfpul to you :)

Interesting. However, in our case, the cost and man-hours would be difficult to calculate with so many people involved. This next one for our church will have to be based on the last set embroidered blocks in our possession. Several values of burgundy, some green, some blue, some gold.