Thread: Not my morning
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Esqmommy

Hi Jamie - I really feel for you. I have two kids, 10 and 6, and they fight like crazy. It's insane and we can't seem to stop it. It distracts me from so much and puts our whole household in a bad mood. How old are you kids? Sounds like you have your hands full and you might be overwhelmed. It's next to impossible to get "me time" with children. I have found that now that my youngest is 6, I have a little more time to myself. One preschool teacher gave me a good idea, and maybe it will help you and your kids a little. She said that if I could give 15 minutes of solid attention to each child - going down to their level and just immersing into that child and what THEY want to do, it sort of "fills their cup" for attention and can go a long way. It's particularly good to do this when you have been away from them for a while, or to start their day. I know it's very hard to do with everything else going on, but at this point, I think for you anything is worth a try.

The other great parenting advice I got, that I always try to remember at the difficult moments is this phrase "This Too Shall Pass".

Take care,