Old 06-06-2009, 10:14 AM
amma
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
He's the first guy I've dated in about 11 years, after 14 years of a cheating husband.

I can't be mean because I'm too nice. Not in a doormat way (anymore) but in a Planet Happiness way. I hear it all the time and don't like it too much.

First seemingly nice guy to pay attention to me, dote on me, want to be with me, but he's too inconsistent and changes his mind to what I say, so, I feel I can't trust him. He's a nice guy, fun to be around and smart, but just not the guy I want to relationship-commit to, because of his inconsistencies.

I don't want to do things for the wrong reasons anymore and don't want to hurt people, but sometimes I wonder what the heck is wrong with me.
Isn't dating for getting to know someone and seeing if you are compatible? You can date once, for years, but the bottom line is if it comes time to say this isn't working, you should be able to say this without feeling guilty. It is compassionate to not want to hurt someone's feelings, and caring/kind to let them know in a gentle manner.
I do not think there is something wrong with you, he just is not the right man... the right one will come along....
Just my opinion....