Thread: Not my morning
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Here is my two cents worth and what worked for me when my two boys were younger. They are now 17 and 19 and are good kids.
I found that by giving them attention and giving them things to look forward to it would make them behave better. I loved them being little so easy to bribe (much harder now lol)
I would get up earlier to get things done and while they had breakfast do the things that needed getting done. Then after breakfast usual getting dressed teeth brushed and that is when i talked about what they would like to do today. Sometimes we would go to the park and i would take a ball and get them to run around like crazy and we would also have a picnic. Come home and have quiet time drawing and quiet playing while I supervised and did chores and got dinner organised. After lunch nap time if they needed it and do activities when older from gluing, painting, playdough and even cooking making cakes and biscuits. At times when they had too many beans we went for another walk in the afternoon so I guess what i am saying is routine really helps and find what each kids really favourite past time is and then you can bribe!! It is harder for you with the different ages so I hope you find what works to make life easier for you. I loved the time when the kids were little but at the time it was hard work and i didnt get much me time. I did occasionally go out for coffee and shopping to get me time which makes all the difference especially when things are tough. So hang in there and take it a day at a time and one day you will look back and think where have all the years gone...