View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 10:58 PM
AkAngel

Oh my gosh where do I even begin with stash. I know I'm addicted to fabric and books, but I think for the last 2 years I've been on a buying binge!!!
I just came back from being out of town for 5 days and while I was gone I must of bought another 400-500 dollars worth of fabric, books and patterns.
I have hundreds of fqtrs. but I am finding that I want to buy larger piecesbecause I never have enough for backgrounds or sashing or borders. So I've started buying more 1 yd pieces and larger if I think I want it for background or a main piece in a quilt.

As for storing and organizing it, I have a large 4 shelve unit the only bad thing about this is the shelves are very deep and I would prefer them to be narrower so stacks would not fall over, but otherwise it works great.
I have 2 of the smaller 3 drawer units like you get at Joann's in my spare bedroom (these are the perfect size for small night stands, just right for a small lamp and alarm clock.... One of these, I have ribbons and odd and ends in the other currently has some of my batiks. I have a large 3 drawer one at the end of my sewing table that has fabrics in it that are set aside for specific projects. I have Another large and small drawer under my sewing table one of these has all my scraps in it, which I've spent part of the last 2 days organizing by widths. 2", 3", 4" etc and in sqs. or rectangles and strips. The other a UFO that has been sitting since this time last year ( yes I know most of you have a few of those as well.)
I have a bookcase that has all my craft books and magazine in it and another sitting in the garage that I bought at a yard sale that I need to find a spot for. I need to join a 12 step program before I either go bankrupt or have to abandon the house to the stash. HELP!!
Muriel