Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lots of Stash Questions >

Lots of Stash Questions

Lots of Stash Questions

Old 06-13-2009, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
Good Grief!! After reading the 'stash' posts and seeing stash photos, I have concluded that I have a mini-stash and I should just quit worrying about using it all before I die of old age.

Different subject, please. Can anyone tell me how to send a private message on this quilting board? I've been searching for instructions, but can't find any. TIA Weezie
Just click on the name of the person in the avatar and then when their personal data comes up, click on pm.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:25 AM

I am so proud of you ladies.
As for me I buy- buy -buy -That is my only vice.
I have a large book case that has glass doors that slide down over the shelf and it is fullof material. I can see at a glance what I have. I also need to get another shelf like that one because I have started putting new material in a dresser. I am a materialalic. I will never get it used up before I die, and I keep buying. I guess it is a sickness but it could be worse. So I just enjoy it. My granddaughter has started quilting , so she can have a ready made stash when I'm gone.
Once the quilting bug bites , Do you ever recover?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by nena
I am so proud of you ladies.
As for me I buy- buy -buy -That is my only vice.
I have a large book case that has glass doors that slide down over the shelf and it is fullof material. I can see at a glance what I have. I also need to get another shelf like that one because I have started putting new material in a dresser. I am a materialalic. I will never get it used up before I die, and I keep buying. I guess it is a sickness but it could be worse. So I just enjoy it. My granddaughter has started quilting , so she can have a ready made stash when I'm gone.
Once the quilting bug bites , Do you ever recover?
No recovery, I'm sure! If we are lucky, we remain physically able to quilt until we take our last breath. My friends and kin with whom I keep in touch do not quilt, so I'm just afraid that my quilting talk and photos are incredibly boring to them. However, they don't live near enough to visit, so they DO have the option of not reading the quilt portion of my mail or looking at my quilt photos.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:59 AM

When I see fabric I have to have, I make sure to buy enough for either two small quilts, or one large one. That way I know I have enough either way. I always store my fabric in large bins. I won't tell you how many bins I have full of fabric though.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 AM

Oh Gayle, I am coveting your stash! I only have one third of yours.
How awsome. You could start a fabric shop! LOL
Old 06-14-2009, 07:44 PM

I just went to the polar~thing and am seriously considering this. At present I have my yardage (3 yards or more) on bolts that I got from Hancocks or Wal*Mart. It seems that I can store more fabric in less space with these polar~things. My only concern was that the fabric would have more folds in it than it does on contemporary bolts. Any input?