View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by sandpat
Happens to the best of us Rhonda no matter how careful we are. I'm not nearly as worried about this as I am with the fact that my information was stolen from my CC company :shock:
would really like to know how that happened Patti. I thought our cc companies had the best protection.
I have a very few places online that I use info, and it does bother me a little. Here at home, I shred everything, and I do not let others, see my checkbook, when I am writing one...they can get your routing numbers, etc.
When I go to JoAnn fabrics, if they start to discard something with my stuff, I ask if I can keep it. They don't mind. Shame we live where we have to always wonder, who is looking over our shoulder, on selling our name and addy etc.

Rhonda, in your shoes, I can see, exactly how you fell for this! I got a back door Trojan, my brother removed from pc, and on phone, was told that is rare with dial-up, so nobody is exempt.

Next time I will do what you all did and contact that person first to check it out! Learned a valuable lesson! I was only mildly upset for myself but was really mad!! when I realized it had targeted my friends and family too!