Did you get tagged?

Old 06-06-2009, 11:54 PM

I got tagged too, but it was from an attorney I worked with. Now everyone in my address book is getting tagged too! Very frustrating! I found a place to unsubscribe (which shouldn't be necessary, because I never subscribed in the first place!) I got an email from them saying they'd get back to me in 3 or 4 days, and I've heard nothing since. I like Jackie's idea of just sending it straight to spam--good plan!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 04:21 AM
Banned

Don't worry about it Kiddo. Those spammers are tricky. I've fallen for them too. I'm sure we all have.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

I started filling out the form, then thought better of it, and cancelled it. I contacted poor Rhonda who was so apologetic - please don't worry Rhonda, I'm sure we all know that it wasn't your fault. I am certainly not blaming you.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

Happens to the best of us Rhonda no matter how careful we are. I'm not nearly as worried about this as I am with the fact that my information was stolen from my CC company :shock:
Old 06-07-2009, 05:09 AM

I also got tagged Rhonda, but when it asked me for info, I deleted it. Hope it didn't grab my addy's and send to people, but probably not since I did not give any info. How do they do that - scary that they can get in your system and steal your info.

Don't worry about it though, we appreciate the head's up.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:13 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Rhonda - no problem! When you have a website, these idots try to exploit you, it's dreadful to do this to bona fide ppl like you! Not your fault AT ALL! :D
Old 06-07-2009, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Happens to the best of us Rhonda no matter how careful we are. I'm not nearly as worried about this as I am with the fact that my information was stolen from my CC company :shock:
I had my debit card info stolen last year. I was so embarrassed! I asked for a printout of my account so I could check to make sure I had accounted for all my debit purchases.When I got the printout I had lost $75 to two "naughty" sites!! One order was from Hong Kong and the other in Germany! It took me three months to clear that up! I had to cancel my card of course and get a new one and I am more careful now online!!
I got a rerfund of all the charges but it had overdrawn my account and i did not get any refund for those overdraft charges!! Another $ 40 I lost.

The embarrassing part was having that on my account in the first place but I didn't know what they were and I checked out the sites to see what it was! Wish I hadn't done that!!

Old 06-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

would really like to know how that happened Patti. I thought our cc companies had the best protection.
I have a very few places online that I use info, and it does bother me a little. Here at home, I shred everything, and I do not let others, see my checkbook, when I am writing one...they can get your routing numbers, etc.
When I go to JoAnn fabrics, if they start to discard something with my stuff, I ask if I can keep it. They don't mind. Shame we live where we have to always wonder, who is looking over our shoulder, on selling our name and addy etc.

Rhonda, in your shoes, I can see, exactly how you fell for this! I got a back door Trojan, my brother removed from pc, and on phone, was told that is rare with dial-up, so nobody is exempt.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
would really like to know how that happened Patti. I thought our cc companies had the best protection.
I have a very few places online that I use info, and it does bother me a little. Here at home, I shred everything, and I do not let others, see my checkbook, when I am writing one...they can get your routing numbers, etc.
When I go to JoAnn fabrics, if they start to discard something with my stuff, I ask if I can keep it. They don't mind. Shame we live where we have to always wonder, who is looking over our shoulder, on selling our name and addy etc.

Rhonda, in your shoes, I can see, exactly how you fell for this! I got a back door Trojan, my brother removed from pc, and on phone, was told that is rare with dial-up, so nobody is exempt.

Next time I will do what you all did and contact that person first to check it out! Learned a valuable lesson! I was only mildly upset for myself but was really mad!! when I realized it had targeted my friends and family too!