Old 08-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Candy Apple Quilts

Originally Posted by ube quilting
Here Here! I would like to hear from just one person in the whole world that sold a quilt or mittens that was caught and fined by the labeling police. We have become a paranoid people. We scare ourselves into a frenzy and blame the government for our own fears.

I say if you If you want those mittens and are scared of not knowing the material content, don't buy them. Plain and simple.
There are lots of places where people sell their quilts (eBay, Etsy, Artfire, etc...) and the description always mentions "cotton top, poly batting" etc...... Customers want this information before they will make a purchase. At craft shows, it's a little different, and quilts aren't usually marked with fabric content... BUT.... the person selling it can always tell you what was used in making the product. Most people can tell the difference between a cotton batting and a poly batting just by touch, and they purchase a quilt based on the way they would prefer it to look (flat or puffy).

I agree with ube... If it worries you, don't buy it. There are WAY too many regulations on businesses these days, and that's what has caused America to lose jobs to other countries. Responsible business owners who are TRYING to do everything the right way (and pay all of their taxes) are being punished by these new "surprise laws", and the fines are enough to make many of them close their doors. What ever happened to common sense? Oh, that's right.... I heard it's dead. I also heard that there's "no such thing as the Quilt Police", but now I'm rethinking that one, too....