Thread: WalMartians...
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
miriam
Power Poster

A few years ago I was sent to a small country town to sell meat in a Walmart - usually we get people eating all the samples... Well that one we had real problems - no one would try the meat... Then one old man came up - he tried the meat - then he lit up in a big toothy smile - He said he just got his new teeth and would we help him pick out some meat. Then we started paying more attention to the people walking by. Not many had teeth but they all had facial hair - including the men... The clothing and how they were wearing it was pretty entertaining. I wonder where they buy it??? At another store we saw an older man had on a pair of bib overalls and the back was torn from the butt pocket down a good ways. He wasn't wearing ANYTHING else - don't ask me how I could tell that.

My son used to dress like a cowboy. He wanted a cowboy shirt so I made him learn to sew it. He would go all dressed up - everywhere. Some times while he waited for me to use the girls room he would sit on the bench like he was a statue. People didn't know what to make of him all dressed like that and sitting very still. One Halloween we were in WM and they were having a contest. He won. First prize. I never once lost him... All I had to do was ask about anybody if they saw a cowboy.