View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:54 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
Good morning from Texas k - Your work is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations on your awards. Love your Deconstructing Clarice.

I looked at your website & your ART took my breath away. Your eye for color is outstanding. I LOVED your "A Hearty Splash of Colour". What a great take off on a big log cabin. Is the pattern your original or from a pattern available to others?

I love the beauty of quilts & trying to make them, unfortunately I am NOT creative w/color or artistic. I need patterns. Get the idea of the strip piecing of the blocks, just wondering about the method to add the black strip between them.

Anyway, anyone on here who hasn't checked out your website definetly should - it's like visiting an art gallery.

Have a blessed day.
Thanks so much - wow that's so kind of you. Hearty Splash of Colour was made using the QAYG method I posted on here as a tute http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36303-1.htm

The piece I used in the tute is a different one but the principle is the same - if you study the layout in the photo on my website, I guess you could come up with your own version. :-D

EDIT - the hearts floating down on that piece were cut out of fusible web using one of my kids' cookie cutters as a template and machine zigzagged on after the quilt was put together. I'll let you in on a secret if you promise not to tell a soul - I put them on as there was a tiny 'discrepancy' in one of the seams and I wanted to hide it! :mrgreen: :lol: