Old 08-16-2011, 03:27 AM
olebat

A little over an hour away is a WM which never lost their department. I don't go on a whim because of the distance. There are 3 stores in my county alone, and another one on the other side of town, but different county, all without fabric. So, when I happen to be in the area of the distant store, I stock up with kid friendly fabric for student use. I have found some better quality fabrics for myself too. There are several people who are trained in the department, though their primary jobs may be someplace else. Never have I had a problem, the department is usually neat and clean. (When not, it is because the stocking carts are in the way - they are situated near the loading dock doors.)

One day, my GF & I ran in to get a deli sandwich and decided, While we're here . . . Well we both had our carts stacked with bolts. GF will get a few yards, I often get the entire bolt. The weather was turning bad, flakes were falling. (Something to get excited over in this part of Georgia.) Employees were at shift change and wanted to hurry on home. They had 3 people cutting for us, a 4th joined for a few minutes but got called back to her department. Two of the gals stayed to cut, even though they don't get paid anything over their time, to be certain that every bit of our fabric was measured and ticketed, and that the one associate didn't get "stuck" with our two bulging buggies. Everyone was jovial, and we had a good time. All of the clerks remember us, and we always get good service.