View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by reneebobby
It sure is it's amazing that something looks so easy is really soooooooo hard.

You did a great job for a first attempt!!! And BTW I lose points all the time!! It frustrates me but what can you do?!!! It is just part of the process sometimes. I am a perfectionist in my work so I rip it out( and I HATE!!) to rip and I do it again!

Points to remember: These are an ounce of prevention that helps
Make sure you have a 1/4" between the edge and where your point is before you sew it together. If your corner does not have that 1/4" you wil lose your points.
Try to sew a good 1/4" or less when you sew the outside edge together to the back.

Another thing that I watch for is to make sure the corners of the block have the seam in the center. On the block in the picture below the top left corner the seam is off to one side which makes the points go off to one side and you may lose them in the end. The bottom seam is how it should be. This is an ounce of prevention that is really a good thing to remember when you are cutting the block out. Make sure your template corners are on the seams and don't let the template move as you cut. Trim the corners gently if you need to to get a good corner.

These might help to make the points stay in place better.

It really isn't so hard just takes a little adjustment in thinking when you are not used to the small stuff.

Don't give up everyone it is easy once you have tried it a couple of tilmes you will get the hang of it like anything else new. Practice will make it easier!

This is the smallest project I will use!

If anyone has a suggestion for a project they would like to see I would love to hear. I don't want to repeat projects but I have several more blocks and I could use some ideas!!

I have done a lot of things over the years but I am not sure what is popular and what is old hat to everone! New ideas are always welcome!!

Notice the space between the point and the edge.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11465[/ATTACH]

Look at the top left corner it is off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11699[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11465.jpe   attachment-11699.jpe