View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 08:59 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
My one indulgence is quilt magazine subscriptions-I subscribe to 7 of them! I enjoy (and have subscribed to it the longest-10 years)Quiltmaker-I find the patterns and instructions really easy to follow and have made many from that one. I also enjoy McCalls Quilting, Fons and Porter's For the Love of Quilting, and Quilter's Home (though they are going out of publication as I understand-I loved it when Mark Lipinski was at the helm-loved the magazine for everything except the patterns, but got so many great patterns from the others. I actually enjoy ALL my magazines and continually thumb thru them (even the oldest ones) for inspiration and when I find a new fabric I have to have-to find a suitable pattern for it. If you are a beginner quilter, I think Quiltmaker and Quick Quilts would be a good start-pleanty of beginner-friendly patterns and tuts.
i agree, Quiltmaker or Quick Quilts..or just "Quilt" magazine.

the one i would really like is "Quilts and More" they come out quarterly, and it is one you have to find in the shops,no subscription. it has quilt patterns and some little sewing items/projects in it too. always great!

if i were you, i would watch the classified section here, and buy them used. or the free section and offer to pay for shipping.

i let all mine lapse. no plans on starting them up again.