Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Momsmurf

Originally Posted by pgthom
Originally Posted by wvdek
Our fabric dept. closed down about three years ago now. Our gals were excellant, the dept. was great, and I bought often.

Mgmt. (ie corporate paper pushers) said it was not making enough profit to keep open.

A long time worker at my store said the reason help is scarce in the store is because so many of them fail the drug tests they are required to take. Apparently two weeks after they are trained and hired, they take the drug test, fail it, are fired, and the process starts over with someone new. Don't know this first hand, but she has worked for them for almost 18 years and should have a good idea of it.
Well duh!.... You don't work someone for 2 weeks and then do the drug screen. You do it as soon as they are hired. A simple and cheap cheek swab and you're done. (I'm an RN with Occ. Health background)
Most businesses what require drug testing do it when the individual is hired. Anyone not willing to leave a urine sample (taken under specific guide lines) isn't hired.

I also believe in unannounced random testing.

I also am an RN (retired) having worked in industry and also for a primary care physician who was also the Director of the Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center at one of our area hospitals.