Old 08-17-2011, 02:19 AM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by valsma
The last three times I have been at our local store, the fabric dept. looks like a tornado had blown through it. Fabric on bolts just hanging on floor, bolts half hanging out of the racks, stacked on top of the other bolts of fabric on racks. It is almost impossible to look at the fabric through the mess. Zippers, buttons and other notitons just thrown on bottom shelf and not hanging on their pegs. Today I waited 10 mins at the garden center check out waiting for someone to answer a page for a fabric/crafts associate for a price check. Finally she rang the item in as the price I thought it was.
I guess the newness has warn off. Oh well. Do you think it is time for another email to corrprate?
Talk to the management in the store. It is clear that the person who is working in that area does not know anything about sewing. Sometimes, they can switch people around by asking for someone with experience with quilting and crafts to work in that department.

One time in another city, I taught a very nice gentleman clerk how to cut fabric! He was filling in, and had no clue,
and was quite grateful for the lessons.
From the store's point of view, it is hard to keep all those different departments open 24/7.