View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Janis

My way of thinking is that the machines are pretty to look at, but even more fun to use. I'm thrilled to have such old machines that still work and I can have fun playing (sewing) with. No just sitting on the shelf for them. They will be used and loved.
Last night our quilt guild had a demo and we were to take our machines to try out the thing that was being taught. My little 1939 Featherweight that I got in May took her first trip out of the house. I was amazed at how much lighter she was than the machine I would have usually taken! She is my new 'take along machine.' Her name is Lila, after the mother of my best friend inthe neighborhool when I was a child.
I'm thinking of naming my Singer 99 after my grandmother Bertha, or a very sweet aunt, Tillie, (short for Matilda). What do you think of those names? They are stronger names than Lila, and this machine is larger and heavier than little Lila.
Sam, Annie is a beautiful machine! I'm glad that you are enjoying her too. My middle name is Ann, and my brother called me Jannie Annie when we were small..... That's not all, he added 'sisser punkin' to it, so I was 'Jannie Annie sisser punkin!" What a name!!!