I'm Soooo Happy!!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Lovely machine, and in such wonderful shape! The price wasn't bad considering the decals were so nice and the machine shows so little wear.

Those are easy to convert to handcranks, should you ever want to do that...

This is a great website that will tell you everything you need to know about refurbishing your machine. (I like to clean out all the old oil and replace with new, whenever I get a 'new' vintage machine.)
http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/
Thanks for the great site!!! I started downloading and printing the info there and ran out of ink. :-(
Out to Walmart to get some more. (I use HP 60,) I decided to get a double pack of black, and got up to the checkout and discovered that with buying one double pack, I got a $10.00 gift card. That makes it equal out to 2 black packs for about $18.00, where one pack is about $15.00. I went back and got another 2 double packs. :D :D :D I use a lot of ink printing things off the net!
Thanks again for the site and also for everyone suggesting names and sites of names. I'm still thinking...... :-D
Old 08-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

that's some nice machine!! Enjoy!!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
sammygirlqt, that's a beautiful machine you have there. Can you tell me about her?
Janis, my Avatar is my 1904 Singer Treadle. I do a lot of my FMQ on her and I call her Annie after my mom. I only purchase the antique to use and enjoy...not to sit around and look at. They are so much fun to sew on and I know you will love your new treasure.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 PM

My way of thinking is that the machines are pretty to look at, but even more fun to use. I'm thrilled to have such old machines that still work and I can have fun playing (sewing) with. No just sitting on the shelf for them. They will be used and loved.
Last night our quilt guild had a demo and we were to take our machines to try out the thing that was being taught. My little 1939 Featherweight that I got in May took her first trip out of the house. I was amazed at how much lighter she was than the machine I would have usually taken! She is my new 'take along machine.' Her name is Lila, after the mother of my best friend inthe neighborhool when I was a child.
I'm thinking of naming my Singer 99 after my grandmother Bertha, or a very sweet aunt, Tillie, (short for Matilda). What do you think of those names? They are stronger names than Lila, and this machine is larger and heavier than little Lila.
Sam, Annie is a beautiful machine! I'm glad that you are enjoying her too. My middle name is Ann, and my brother called me Jannie Annie when we were small..... That's not all, he added 'sisser punkin' to it, so I was 'Jannie Annie sisser punkin!" What a name!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:16 PM

I like the name "Tillie", very cute for a vintage machine. I only know one person named Bertha, she was a large woman with a large kinda masculin voice, LOL. So Bertha says big and heavy to me, which I am sure your grandmother is not. I think most people on the Board use their antique machines, if they do not, they are really missing out on a rich experience.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:40 PM

A beauty!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:30 PM

I am so excited!!! We were in the Chicago, Il area to help take care of our grandchildren from last Wed. until we came home on Sunday. Sat., I got to thinking about my Singer sewing machines waiting for me to play with when I got home, and I couldn't wait to come home. I still haven't really used my FW since I got it this spring, and my Singer 99-13 is waiting on my kitchen table just begging for me to play with her. I do think that she will be Tillie in honor of my Aunt Tillie. My Grandma Bertha was a petite woman under 5 feet tall, so I'm thinking that Tillie sounds like a better name for her.
I'm hoping to start sewing on Mon. afternoon. I had cut out a pad/notions holder for my little FW before we went up to our daughter's home and didn't get a chance to start it before we left. I think that will be my first thing to sew.
It is so good to be home! We had been there for 19 days, and home for 10 before going back up for 5 days. Hopefully we can now stay home for a while and I can SEW!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:54 AM

Beautiful, glad she now has a home, enjoy.