Old 08-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Great-great granny
Banned

Originally Posted by luv-e
Originally Posted by JulieR
I'm doing more difficult patterns as I get more experienced, and those take longer to do with more brain power engaged - so I find I need to step away more often and work on something else.

Like shows with Gordon Ramsey on them.
This is so true......We just don't make basic Quilt Patterns anymore.......
My good friend Nancy N. was telling me that WE[anyone over 40] are older quilter's.... The NEW Generation of Quilter's are buying the pre-cut's...they are finishing quilt's alot faster....the down side is when they want to learn to cut out material well, they don't like it!!!!! Says it takes too long...... They go back to pre-cuts.....That is sad:( :( :( .
Well, if just being over 40 makes you an "older' quilter, then I must be an 'antique (sorry, gotta be PC - Vintage)' quilter. :XD: :XD:

You're right about the newer generation of quilter's thou - I was 'out' of quilting for about 10 yrs., & now there are SO MANY new techniques & quilters "toys" out there, I don't know how to even use them.

It's interesting to get to live this long & realize many of the techniques I 1st used are just not "in" anymore. :lol: