View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by sherian
i AM NEW AND WONDER ABOUT THE SINGER - FEATHER WEIGHT.I have one (from mother in law) doesn't jump
when sewing and is good and can sew straight. But can only stitch straight. What else makes them great, mine is about 60 yrs. old. never used much. Before I make a mistake and sale it. thanks so much for you information
Oh, DON'T sell it, you will enjoy using it . You can purchase various attachments for it there is a zigzag attachment for it and many others. If you decide to sell it please advertise it on this board, there are several quilters on here that would love to have one. Please make sure it will go to a loving and happy home with someone who loves to quilt or loves vintage machines. I have two currently and I am not in the market for one, but several on this board are. Enjoy it, remember, sewing doesn't always have to be fancy stitching good straight stitching works beautifully and the FW is known for it's extremely good straight stitching.
In May I made a graduation quilt completely on one of my FW's that was born in 1937- 74 yr. old machine making a full size bed quilt, it sews beautifully my newest FW was born in 1936.