Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Patchesnposies

I am going to post BEFORE pictures of my vintage machines and then once I have followed Billy's cleaning tutorial I will post after pictures.

This is a German machine. The only info I have is that Haid & Neu was taken over by Singer in 1958. The manual is in German and I do not know how old the machine is. I am thinking mid-40's based on what the person who sold to me said. If anyone has any info or experience with this particular brand of machine I'd love to hear about it. It is in its original cabinet, that also needs some TLC.

A few years ago I found this beautiful White Rotary electric machine in a cabinet at our local thrift store and bought it for $8. At the time I didn't think it would be possible to restore it....the electrical cords are original and in terrible shape and it is missing the needle clamp....(it does have a tin box full of attachments!)

I now realize that all of this can be fixed and am anxiously looking forward to cleaning the old girl up. I have not been able to find the missing part, though one fellow says he has one he can take off of another machine and sell to me.

I don't know exactly what year model this machine is. I think it is a 12. How will I know if the needle clamp he is taking off of his other machine will fit mine? I'd also like to find its manual.

If anyone has any info about either of these machines please PM me.

I will be posting AFTER pictures soon!

Deb

Haid & Neu
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243523[/ATTACH]

White Rotary (FR 34063730
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243524[/ATTACH]

Missing Needle Clamp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243517.jpe   attachment-243518.jpe   attachment-243519.jpe